SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 11/25/14 -- Shipping today, Spire is the highly anticipated wearable that tracks activity and state-of-mind. By measuring breathing patterns, Spire makes users aware of their focus, tension, and calm levels to ensure they achieve their personal goals, be they fitness, relaxation, or productivity. Recipient of the Cooper Hewitt + Smithsonian 2014 People\'s Design Award, the nature-inspired tracker can be worn comfortably and discreetly on the hip or torso and is washer proof. The Spire companion app goes beyond displaying data to provide notifications of significant events -- say, a tense 30 minutes at work -- and offers guided activities to shift state of mind, such as a breathing exercise or a relaxing walk. \"The well-being of both body and mind are an important part of a healthy and productive day,\" said Jonathan Palley, Spire co-founder and CEO. \"After years of research and development, we are thrilled to bring a wearable device to market that -- for the first time -- tracks state of mind. Paired with our app, Spire provides easily digestible and actionable information about people\'s overall health.\" Spire\'s companion app encourages users to set goals for the percentage of a day they want to be calm, focused and active. In app \"boosts\" walk users through breathing exercises in order to positively influence their state of mind. Paving the way in the wearables industry, the app is also integrated with Apple\'s iOS 8 HealthKit. In related news, Spire also announced it has opened its API for developers to further expand the app\'s capabilities, offering users a different way to experience data from the device. \"Breath is the most accurate physiological indicator of psychological states. In other words, we can harness the power of breath to give us a window into our state of mind,\" said Neema Moraveji, Spire co-founder and chief science officer. \"With Spire, we\'ve been able to tap into this and gain not only amazing insights into how we are feeling and functioning, but can also empower users to take control of their mental health by relieving periods of tension.\"
Featuring a 7-day battery, the Spire tracker charges wirelessly on the industry\'s only cork charging pad and can safely survive a spin in the wash. The app is compatible with both the iPhone 4S and iPad generation 4 and newer. (The Spire device, charging pad and companion app ship together for $149.00) Now shipping, Spire is the perfect gift for those aspiring to become healthier, both physically and mentally, in the New Year. With a retail price of $149, Spire will be offering a Cyber Monday deal on their website, https://spire.io, discounting orders to $119. Founders Spire was founded by Neema Moraveji, Ph.D, Director of Stanford University\'s Calming Technology Lab and Jonathan Palley, technology entrepreneur who previously started and sold a big-data company based in Asia. Spire\'s core team also includes alumni of Qualcomm, Microsoft and Singularity University. Investors include Rock Health, Stanford University\'s StartX and angel investors with deep backgrounds in hardware and health.
About Spire Current health trackers monitor movement, but the average person is only active 14% of their day -- what about the other 86%? Spire is the only wearable that tracks movement and state-of-mind over the entire day. By measuring breathing patterns, Spire makes users aware of their focus, tension, and calm levels to ensure they achieve their personal goals, be they fitness, relaxation, or productivity. With an award-winning, elegant and lightweight design, the Spire tracker can be worn comfortably and discreetly on the hip or torso. The Spire companion app goes beyond displaying data to provide notifications of significant events -- say, a tense 30 minutes at work -- and offers guided breathing exercises to shift state of mind. Featuring a 7-day battery, the Spire tracker charges wirelessly on the industries only cork charging pad. The app is compatible with iPhone 5 and newer. For more information visit Spire.io. (The Spire device, charging pad and companion app ship together for $149.00)